Our learners’ lives reflect the values of the school: respect, honesty, fairness and friendliness. We aim to produce well-balanced learners who can take their place in society.
Executive Committee 2019
Ethan Gutsche– deputy head boy
Chris Janse van Rensburg
Wilmien van Biljon – head girl
Hanneke Lordan– deputy head girl
Lara De Bruijn
Luca De Bruijn
Meriegin van Dyk
Representative Student Council 2019
Anica van Vreden
AJ van Vuuren
Sonneke van Rooyen
Conrad van Vuuren
Wilmien van Biljon
GRADE 8 CLASS CAPTAINS
|Gr. 8 A||JD van Zyl||Kyla Malherbe|
|Gr. 8 B||Zayne Bekker||Minke Erasmus|
|Gr. 8 C||Heinz Schwarzer||Bernice van der Vyver|
|Gr. 8 D||Joshua Swart||Jaydene Pretorius|
|Gr. 8 E||Ruan Botha||Wilmé Janse van Rensburg|
|Gr. 8 F||Max du Pisani||Sonneke van Rooyen|
|Gr. 8 G||Dries van Vuuren||Emma Gildenhuys|
GRADE 9 CLASS CAPTAINS
|Gr. 9 A||Rickus Schoeman||Tammy Malan|
|Gr. 9 B||Shawn Chotsheni||Timany Mostert|
|Gr. 9 C||Joppie Landman||Chloé Beard|
|Gr. 9 D||Endinako Williams||Zanelle Rautenbach|
|Gr. 9 E||CJ Ludeman||Jané Viljoen|
|Gr. 9 F||Ruan Smit||Ammarien Simpson|
|Gr. 9 G||Fransjohan Engelbrecht||Zaney Hayward|
GRADE 10 CLASS CAPTAINS
|Gr. 10 A||Kurt Plaatjies||Meghan Carelse|
|Gr. 10 B||Renaldo Seffier||Wilmé du Bruyn|
|Gr. 10 C||Stefan du Plessis||Keke Tukani|
|Gr. 10 D||Ruan Verwey||Cara-Lee Kotzé|
|Gr. 10 E||Luciano Arries||Courtney Walsh|
|Gr. 10 F||Dé-André Geissier||Leigh Human|
GRADE 11 CLASS CAPTAINS
|Gr. 11 A||Ethan Gutsche||Lara du Bruijn|
|Gr. 11 B||Renier Moolman||Carren Felix|
|Gr. 11 C||Travis Gradwell||Hanneke Lordan|
|Gr. 11 D||Chris Janse van Rensburg||Yonela Matiso|
|Gr. 11 E||Karel Maree||Davidene Matoe|
GRADE 12 CLASS CAPTAINS
|Gr. 12 A||Wehan Kruger||Kirsten Regenass|
|Gr. 12 B||JP Kleinhans||Bridgette Bell-Cross|
|Gr. 12 C||Marco Pretorius||Aliska Barbas|
|Gr. 12 D||Heinrich Radloff||Amy Louw|
|Gr. 12 E||Kyle de Villiers||Karla Bower|
|Gr. 12 F||Leelon Jacobs||Britney Staalmeester|
The Nico Malan House System
The House System is designed to embody the values and ethos of Nico Malan High School and aims to be an integral part of our school community.
In time it is our ambition that the House Captains and the School Council will work together creating a stronger pupil voice to motivate students and further the community spirit of the school.
Your child will join one of the four school houses. The names of the houses are inspired by our school emblem.
- Fleur De Lis
Students are motivated to engage in friendly competitions to earn points for their houses, with the goal of supporting a school culture of community and respect.
We have interhouse competitions in numerous sports and cultural activities. Our House System promotes community cohesion, encourages high aspiration, continues to develop our ethos, and most importantly, celebrates all success.
House System Objectives:
- Our aim is to provide every pupil in each house with the following:
- a sense of belonging within the school community
- opportunities to develop social, intellectual, physical and practical skills
- a sense of achievement, both inside and outside of the classroom
- fun and excitement through competition
- opportunities for leadership
- an awareness of individual and collective responsibility
- Pupils are assigned to one of the four houses on arrival in Gr 8 where they remain until the end of their matric year
- Where possible younger siblings (with different surnames) will become a member of the same house.
- Each member of staff is also assigned to a house.
- Each house has two designated Gr 12 house captains who will act as representatives for all the students in their house throughout the year by:
- Helping to co-ordinate house teams, organise activities and events and represent their house at relevant meetings.
Learners are trained to administer first aid during matches and on sports days.