Our learners’ lives reflect the values of the school: respect, honesty, fairness and friendliness. We aim to produce well-balanced learners who can take their place in society.
Executive Committee 2022
Head Boy: Zayne Bekker
Deputy head boy: Willem Botha
Max Du Pisanie
JD van Zyl
Head Girl: Jané Venter
Deputy Head Girl: Sonneke van Rooyen
Layken-Leigh van Zyl
Representative Student Council 2022
Ian du Toit
Sonneke van Rooyen
Class Captains 2022
GRADE 8 CLASS CAPTAINS
|Gr. 8 A||Ivan van Staden||Eliska Nel|
|Gr. 8 B||Johnro Douglas||Amore Coetsee|
|Gr. 8 C||JM Pieterse||Anika Pieterse|
|Gr. 8 D||Adrian Rademeyer||Mila Gildenhuys|
|Gr. 8 E||Juandre Spangenberg||Monya Watermeyer|
|Gr. 8 F||Casper Troskie||Lune Nel|
|Gr. 8 G||Carel Bakkes||Karla Muller|
GRADE 9 CLASS CAPTAINS
|Gr. 9 A||Nico Lourens||Zoe van der Merwe|
|Gr. 9 B||Liam Bekker||Cayline Carolus|
|Gr. 9 C||Gelden van Niekerk||Emma Naude|
|Gr. 9 D||Nicolase Jonga||Chrislie Ferreira|
|Gr. 9 E||Jarrid Lucas||Karma Smuts|
|Gr. 9 F||Ruan du Preez||Cammy Anderson|
|Gr. 9 G||Khanya Siheula||Anja Jansen v Vuuren|
GRADE 10 CLASS CAPTAINS
|Gr. 10 A||Jaiden Lucas||Lily Vieira de Cruz|
|Gr. 10 B||Bryan Katoo||Tazneen Strydom|
|Gr. 10 C||Francois Smit||Elsje Wolfaardt|
|Gr. 10 D||Jaden Nel||Hayley Erasmus|
|Gr. 10 E||Hannes Kleinhans||Emma Kruger|
|Gr. 10 F||Benji Genis||Tiana Mulder|
GRADE 11 CLASS CAPTAINS
|Gr. 11 A||Luka Coetzee||Inge Bower|
|Gr. 11 B||Mias Bierman||Deone Fortuin|
|Gr. 11 C||Hanre van de Putte||Leah Saunders|
|Gr. 11 D||Zeeq Jacobs||Wendy Witbooi|
|Gr. 11 E||Brady Rispel||Chante Greeff|
|Gr. 11 F||Regan Burger||Sancha van Staden|
GRADE 12 CLASS CAPTAINS
|Gr. 12 A||Jordan Lucas||Danica Joubert|
|Gr. 12 B||Sandile Danca||Aza Kiviet|
|Gr. 12 C||Allister Abrahams||Orsilla Crous|
|Gr. 12 D||Wessel van Dijk||Danjah Ferreira|
|Gr. 12 E||Ruan Botha||Nadia van der Westhuizen|
|Gr. 12 F||Ian du Toit||Miche Genis|
The Nico Malan House System
The House System is designed to embody the values and ethos of Nico Malan High School and aims to be an integral part of our school community.
In time it is our ambition that the House Captains and the School Council will work together creating a stronger pupil voice to motivate students and further the community spirit of the school.
Your child will join one of the two schoolhouses.
- Huis Nico
- Huis Malan
Students are motivated to engage in friendly competitions to earn points for their houses, with the goal of supporting a school culture of community and respect.
We have inter-house competitions in numerous sports and cultural activities. Our House System promotes community cohesion, encourages high aspiration, continues to develop our ethos, and most importantly, celebrates all success.
House System Objectives:
- Our aim is to provide every pupil in each house with the following:
- a sense of belonging within the school community
- opportunities to develop social, intellectual, physical and practical skills
- a sense of achievement, both inside and outside of the classroom
- fun and excitement through competition
- opportunities for leadership
- an awareness of individual and collective responsibility
- Pupils are assigned to one of the four houses on arrival in Gr 8 where they remain until the end of their matric year
- Where possible younger siblings (with different surnames) will become a member of the same house.
- Each member of staff is also assigned to a house.
- Each house has two designated Gr 12 house captains who will act as representatives for all the students in their house throughout the year by:
- Helping to co-ordinate house teams, organize activities and events and represent their house at relevant meetings.
Learners are trained to administer first aid during matches and on sports days.