Our learners’ lives reflect the values of the school: respect, honesty, fairness and friendliness. We aim to produce well-balanced learners who can take their place in society.
Executive Committee 2020
EHanru van Vreden – head boy
Jarrod Matthee – deputy head boy
Conrad van Vuuren
Janka Potgieter – head girl
Esti Steenkamp – deputy head girl
Monique van Eeden
Representative Student Council 2020
Lily Viera da Cruz
Aiden de Villiers
Hanru van Vreden
GRADE 8 CLASS CAPTAINS
GRADE 9 CLASS CAPTAINS
|Gr. 9 A||Lyle Lippert||Hestia Scheepers|
|Gr. 9 B||Aiden de Villiers||Talya Ferreira|
|Gr. 9 C||Chase Blaeser||Christine Lange|
|Gr. 9 D||Reagan Felix||Mia Vorster|
|Gr. 9 E||Handré van de Putte||Lara Visser|
|Gr. 9 F||Blaine Isaacs||Kiana Ferreira|
|Gr. 9 G||Calum Halliday||Leah Saunders|
GRADE 10 CLASS CAPTAINS
|Gr. 10 A||Sibu Khuzwayo||Danika Joubert|
|Gr. 10 B||Zayne Bekker||Davidene Hendricks|
|Gr. 10 C||Jonathan Bester||Linam Mfanekiso|
|Gr. 10 D||Ruben van Niekerk||Zimbini Quza|
|Gr. 10 E||Philip Rademeyer||Zancia Botes|
|Gr. 10 F||Willem Botha||Kyla Malherbe|
GRADE 11 CLASS CAPTAINS
|Gr. 11 A||Shawn Chotsheni||Mikayla Helm|
|Gr. 11 B||Ruben Pretorius||Renae Botha|
|Gr. 11 C||Jano Bezuidenhout||Cecilia van der Watt|
|Gr. 11 D||Markus Petzer||Emma Davey|
|Gr. 11 E||Dewray de Vos||
GRADE 12 CLASS CAPTAINS
|Gr. 12 A||Valentino Verwey||Meghan Carelse|
|Gr. 12 B||Muller Mentz||Sino Cunge|
|Gr. 12 C||Shaylen Draghoender||Karla Viviers|
|Gr. 12 D||PB Moolman||Simamkele Koneit|
|Gr. 12 E||Claude Vorster||Nina Vorster|
|Gr. 12 F||Louis Botha||Bonique Solaan|
The Nico Malan House System
The House System is designed to embody the values and ethos of Nico Malan High School and aims to be an integral part of our school community.
In time it is our ambition that the House Captains and the School Council will work together creating a stronger pupil voice to motivate students and further the community spirit of the school.
Your child will join one of the four school houses. The names of the houses are inspired by our school emblem.
- Fleur De Lis
Students are motivated to engage in friendly competitions to earn points for their houses, with the goal of supporting a school culture of community and respect.
We have interhouse competitions in numerous sports and cultural activities. Our House System promotes community cohesion, encourages high aspiration, continues to develop our ethos, and most importantly, celebrates all success.
House System Objectives:
- Our aim is to provide every pupil in each house with the following:
- a sense of belonging within the school community
- opportunities to develop social, intellectual, physical and practical skills
- a sense of achievement, both inside and outside of the classroom
- fun and excitement through competition
- opportunities for leadership
- an awareness of individual and collective responsibility
- Pupils are assigned to one of the four houses on arrival in Gr 8 where they remain until the end of their matric year
- Where possible younger siblings (with different surnames) will become a member of the same house.
- Each member of staff is also assigned to a house.
- Each house has two designated Gr 12 house captains who will act as representatives for all the students in their house throughout the year by:
- Helping to co-ordinate house teams, organise activities and events and represent their house at relevant meetings.
Learners are trained to administer first aid during matches and on sports days.