The heart of school life centres around the hostel. The spirit of school life originates here. A sense of belonging is created here with respect, responsibility and loyalty as founding blocks. A homely and safe environment awaits every resident.
Lushof opened its doors in 1940 with 78 residents – both male and female. In the 50s the girls moved first to Sonop in Alexander Street and later to Dagbreek in Du Plessis Street. In 1961 the girls’ hostel, Huis Meiring was inaugurated.